All that glitters should be everywhere you go (it’s always what you make of it)
…This time it’s Christmas time in New York City!
With so many Holiday Markets, so much shopping, so many plays and such amazing restaurants and sultry roof top bars; where to begin?! Here are a few of my favorites for a quick 3 night, 4 day fantastic get-a-way!
YES – AMEX Platnuim is worth the $500 annual membership fee.
I booked our hotel with the Fine Resorts and Hotels site via my platinum card which gave us free breakfast each morning; we chose room service, $100 credit and a room upgrade if avail- which it was; insert… a SUITE at THE PLAZA … location, location, location! During Christmas time, there is no better place to stay than off of Central Park, so book a room near Central Park, Upper Eastside or on 5th Avenue!
Shows: Since it’s Christmas time; The Rockettes are a must use your CHASE card for premier seating and VIP entrance. Hamilton is happening too, use the Hamilton Lottery app on your smartphone and you may win two $10 seats! – have everyone in your group tap the app! If you see a show, book your dinner reservations for 2.5hours ahead of time and in the Theater District I like; Rainbow Room this is a two-fer, Carmines, Bond45, or Havana Central when they have live music!
Central Park highlights: Belvedere Castle, Bethesda Terrace with street singers, The Mall with at the bubble guy, and hopefully a concert at The Delacorte Theater! Sexy apps at Rooftop at The Met, lunch at Loeb Boathouse and cocktails at Tavern on the Green – walking the park is the best way to see it.
The High Line: Another must when in the Big Apple! My fav stops are: The Frying Pan, The Whitney, Chelsea Market - find out when their sample sales are and save 70% off of designer! Ganesvoort Market (since your nextdoor) FAVORITE restaurant is CATCH must have #HITME! for desert~ and a sexy must-go after is GALLOW GREEN!!
Brooklyn Bridge: Cab it over to Brooklyn for lunch at RIVER CAFE’ and walk it back to Manhattan with views of the city, or swap your walk because to me this is the best restaurant in NYC with views of the City, a table by the window by daylight or Sunset is choice, and if you can’t get into River Cafe, 7 Old Fulton Street is warm, old and cute. Best slice over there is Juliana’s
Don’t forget: Eataly at Flatiron, and Christmas Markets at Bryant park, Rockefeller Center, Washington Square, and Top of the Rock! is better than Empire State Building if you’re wondering and make sure you eat a slice or two!
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE adventure and Best Tour in NYC is NEW YORK MEIDA BOAT TOUR Bjoern will hook you up tell him Angelique sent you~
- Fly into JFK or LGA – uber/lift to Manhattan
- Buy the 7 day unlimited subway pass $31 pp – or walk and cab it (for a family 0f 4- the price is a wash)
- Winters are cold – pack gloves, scarf, warm hat, walking boots, a jacket that goes past your thighs if you have)
- Get familiar with a physical city map, subway map and if you’ll subway – the subway app before you go!
- Choose an area to cover each day i.e. Central Park and The Upper Eastside, Midtown and Times Square, SoHo and Tribeca, NOLITA/Little Italy and East Village, Brooklyn Bridge and Dumbo – evenings spent at the Restaurant and rooftop of that area!
- Make reservations for dinner
- Get the lottery app for Hamilton and set alerts, unless you are down to spend $800 a ticket.
- Light a Candle at St. Patricks Cathedral